I'm reading commentary that the new Eighth Check Tender Violet Speed Shorts have a rough and scratchy feeling liner compared to previous speed shorts. Note there is no Coolmax in the content. That is one of the features touted when you look at Speed Shorts on the website. As a contrast, the Lining1 content for Flare speed shorts is 56% polyester, 33% coolmax polyester, and 11% lycra spandex.
- made with Swift fabric for four-way stretch and moisture wicking capabilities
- cut to perform: vents at back for breathability and split legs for freedom of movement
- smooth Luxtreme waistband wicks away sweat and won't cut in
- COOLMAX® liner is soft and breathable
- continuous drawcord so you can always cinch when you need to
- secure zipper pocket on back waistband for keys, gel packs and cards
- chafe resistant flat seams to help prevent sweaty, sensitive skin from getting irritated
Update - a reader comments that her Speed shorts have various liner fabric content, some with cool-max and some without. Some are smoother than others. So, this may not be a change.
Lululemon needs to stop tweaking well-proven designs that work - Triangle gussets that are so far back they cover your bumhole instead of your lady bits, the fit and fabric of the Power Y, Inspire waistband tight, the fit of the Flow Y, the waistband and liner of the Run: Response Shorts. They are messing with more and more core items that don't need fixing. (Thanks to Ms. A and Ms. S for the photos.)